Many people on my match list show the link "Common ancestors" in the third column, but when I click on it, I get just the person's tree (if it's public) and the message on the left "How are you and XX related. Common Ancestors. We can't find any common ancestors ..." and the box below is blank. This happens with every person marked "common ancestors", even with several first cousins. We (the cousins) all have public linked trees and the connection should be obvious.
Today I logged in as if I was one of my first cousins (she gave me her password) and I see what I should see, named common ancestors which click through to a drop-down tree showing all the links on the way.
I text-chatted to someone at Ancestry yesterday who told me a load of rubbish and was no help at all. (He said it wasn't working because I didn't have full details of three of the 16 g g gp. He also said the common ancestors are shown as green on the tree, but that is just shared surnames.)
Anyone else had this happen?
How do I contact Ancestry without a live "text chat"?
Today I logged in as if I was one of my first cousins (she gave me her password) and I see what I should see, named common ancestors which click through to a drop-down tree showing all the links on the way.
I text-chatted to someone at Ancestry yesterday who told me a load of rubbish and was no help at all. (He said it wasn't working because I didn't have full details of three of the 16 g g gp. He also said the common ancestors are shown as green on the tree, but that is just shared surnames.)
Anyone else had this happen?
How do I contact Ancestry without a live "text chat"?

