• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Colour photos that are over a century old

PaulC

LostCousins Member
Reading about this in the newsletter I was reminded of some colour photos from WW1 which I found online a few years ago. This website has several hundred of these "authochrome" photos which were taken by the French army around 1917.

[Moderator edited to change link to forum format]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Note how, like the photos I mentioned in my newsletter, they have a 3D look to them - the edges are very sharp.
 
Back
Top