CarolB08
LostCousins Member
Evening all, I wonder if anyone could give me some advice please ? I am going crazy looking for a birth registration and death registration for Caroline Burton born 1850 and must have died before 1856 as another daughter also named Caroline was born and baptised then.
I have found Caroline 1850's baptism in the Coggeshall St Peter Ad Vincula parish registers D/P 36/1/11 image 44 , page 80 -Caroline daughter of James and Maria Burton. Her baptism took place 8th September 1850,
However I am unable to find a birth or death registration for her I have tried searching for Caroline Burton in Witham, and with out a place of birth entered with no luck. I tried just searching for Burton in the same areas also with no luck. I can not find a burial for her either so I simply can not rule her in or out of the family.
Also I am searching for her Brother James I have his birth certificate and he was born 5th July 1850 to James and Maria Burton formerly Potter , however I can not find his baptism. The family have always used this church and always lived in Coggeshall.
I noted that James is listed as James in the birth registers but the actual certificate just says boy and does not have a name added after registration as I have found in other certificates I have ordered.
It has crossed my mind that the vicar might have made a mistake in the baptism register as the baptism of Caroline and the birth of James are very close or maybe they were twins and one was not expected to live.
I am pulling my hair out over this one, a fresh pair of eyes and a keen brain are needed.
Many thanks in advance .
Carol
I have found Caroline 1850's baptism in the Coggeshall St Peter Ad Vincula parish registers D/P 36/1/11 image 44 , page 80 -Caroline daughter of James and Maria Burton. Her baptism took place 8th September 1850,
However I am unable to find a birth or death registration for her I have tried searching for Caroline Burton in Witham, and with out a place of birth entered with no luck. I tried just searching for Burton in the same areas also with no luck. I can not find a burial for her either so I simply can not rule her in or out of the family.
Also I am searching for her Brother James I have his birth certificate and he was born 5th July 1850 to James and Maria Burton formerly Potter , however I can not find his baptism. The family have always used this church and always lived in Coggeshall.
I noted that James is listed as James in the birth registers but the actual certificate just says boy and does not have a name added after registration as I have found in other certificates I have ordered.
It has crossed my mind that the vicar might have made a mistake in the baptism register as the baptism of Caroline and the birth of James are very close or maybe they were twins and one was not expected to live.
I am pulling my hair out over this one, a fresh pair of eyes and a keen brain are needed.
Many thanks in advance .
Carol
