Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
I couldn't make it up even if I tried, but came across 'Clerk in Roly Arders' in an Ancestry search of a 1911 Census. The original of course was spidery handwriting but could be made out to be Clerk in Holy Orders with (established church) added on the original.
Out of curiosity -as I have been doing some comparison Ancestry v FMP searches for a posting I will submit another time - his occupation is shown as .....Clerk in Tool Cutters established church.
I am not sure which is worse but if you want to check it out it is for a John Beggs born 1877 found in Macclesfield, Cheshire.
If anyone has anything to match or beat this, here would be a good place to post your offerings.
Out of curiosity -as I have been doing some comparison Ancestry v FMP searches for a posting I will submit another time - his occupation is shown as .....Clerk in Tool Cutters established church.
I am not sure which is worse but if you want to check it out it is for a John Beggs born 1877 found in Macclesfield, Cheshire.
If anyone has anything to match or beat this, here would be a good place to post your offerings.
Last edited by a moderator: