Although I am unsure of exactly what a civil partnership means in this instance, I do know Ancestry will allow you to choose Partner when setting a relationship. I sync Ancestry with FTM and that also comes through as Partner.do most Genealogy programs allow for CPs?
I have two suggestions, ask the GRO if they issue CP certs, or, take a look at this link.I want to find out if they are Registered in the same way as marriages are as they are just as binding and will become more common in the future I suspect.
Common law marriage was a frequently used term when I was younger, and is still used occasionally, but in fact it was based on a misunderstanding. See this newsletter article.Is that what we refer to as "common-law" here in Canada? Not married but living as though you are. Common-law couples are treated the same way as married when it comes to taxes and other benefits.
My partner and I are in a 'de facto relationship' here in NZ which seems to be exactly the same. De facto is treated exactly the same as marriage when it comes to honouring wills and at separation, However, there is a three year rule for division of property.Is that what we refer to as "common-law" here in Canada? Not married but living as though you are. Common-law couples are treated the same way as married when it comes to taxes and other benefits.
My partner and I are in a 'de facto relationship' here in NZ which seems to be exactly the same. De facto is treated exactly the same as marriage when it comes to honouring wills and at separation, However, there is a three year rule for division of property.
This legal article explains it, for those who are interested.
We don't get a cert either, it's not celebrated in any way you just move in together.Australia has "de-facto" as well... but you don't get a certificate with it!
Tax form, what's that? I haven't completed one since the 2011/2012 tax year.There are six choices on the tax form
We pay GST on all goods and services, businesses can claim it back from the government but individuals can't. Please don't ask me to explain, I don't fully understand it, don't need to either.Social benefits like the GST and carbon tax credit, Senior's Benefits, etc., are all based on our net income.
I imagine it's a bit like VAT in Europe. Businesses with a turnover above a certain level have to charge VAT, but they can deduct VAT they pay to their suppliers.We pay GST on all goods and services, businesses can claim it back from the government but individuals can't. Please don't ask me to explain, I don't fully understand it, don't need to either.