• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Cinematopia – Old Cinemas

Jennie

LostCousins Member
Cinematopia – Old Cinemas

This website has an outstanding collection of hundreds of vintage photographs mainly of Odeon cinemas, UK, taken in the forties, fifties, sixties and seventies and also has a smaller collection of other and more modern cinemas.

Given also is a list of links that anyone researching in this area will find plenty of interesting websites to explore.
 
Thanks Jennie I was prompted to look up the Odeon in Muswell Hill, I have great memories of going there as a teenager and it is still going strong. Some of the links in the site are dead but nevertheless I pressed on and found for example the railway line I took to school for a while which I was astounded to see opened in 1873. When I searched for the Ritz also in Muswell Hill I found this great site old cinemas 2 and an attached set of photos.
 
Back
Top