I have found the Cheshire Parish Records on FindMyPast very unhelpful.
The marriage records are poorly transcribed, so for the records when a female has married it is essential to look at the image to obtain the name of the husband or the bride's father. Whoever was transcribing these records did not understand that spouse can refer to either the husband or wife.
The burial records are similarly poorly transcribed. When the age at death is in days, weeks or months, the person transcribing appears to have assumed that the number must refer to the age in years. The assumed date of birth can be years out. Again all is revealed when you look at the actual image.
I know that any good researcher should look at the actual images, but I expect the transcriptions to enable me to eliminate records that are not relevant to my search.
The marriage records are poorly transcribed, so for the records when a female has married it is essential to look at the image to obtain the name of the husband or the bride's father. Whoever was transcribing these records did not understand that spouse can refer to either the husband or wife.
The burial records are similarly poorly transcribed. When the age at death is in days, weeks or months, the person transcribing appears to have assumed that the number must refer to the age in years. The assumed date of birth can be years out. Again all is revealed when you look at the actual image.
I know that any good researcher should look at the actual images, but I expect the transcriptions to enable me to eliminate records that are not relevant to my search.