GrahamC
LostCousins Member
I have been using Brother's Keeper for over 20 years. I think I started with version 3 or thereabouts. Now on v.7, I am basically happy with it and accustomed to it's idiosyncrasies. But I am concerned that one day soon it will no longer be practical to use it for one reason or another.
I have been using a Mac for a few years and now run Bros. Keeper 7 in a Windows virtual machine so I am not restricted by operating system. Over the years I have tried exporting my data to other programs. I've tried FTM, Heridis, Gramps, Reunion on Windows and Mac and others I can't remember. The problem in each case seems to be in displaying or printing data because things like notes, references etc. don't always come out the way I want or where I want. This is exacerbated by the fact that I have entered some data in fields or formats different from what the programmer intended.
I end up getting frustrated and end up going back to BK. Can anyone relate to this problem or suggest a way around it?
I have been using a Mac for a few years and now run Bros. Keeper 7 in a Windows virtual machine so I am not restricted by operating system. Over the years I have tried exporting my data to other programs. I've tried FTM, Heridis, Gramps, Reunion on Windows and Mac and others I can't remember. The problem in each case seems to be in displaying or printing data because things like notes, references etc. don't always come out the way I want or where I want. This is exacerbated by the fact that I have entered some data in fields or formats different from what the programmer intended.
I end up getting frustrated and end up going back to BK. Can anyone relate to this problem or suggest a way around it?