Stephen49.
LostCousins Superstar
Of all the many family photos I've got, one in particular would have to be in the top ten of my prized possessions. The photo shows five cars, side by side, in Waterloo Place, London S.W.1, in front of a statue of Sir John Franklin. I think the photo was taken between 1900 and 1906. Despite suffering some WW2 damage, the photo is in very good condition and remarkably sharp. One of the cars is a Napier and the passenger is my grandfather William Patrick Sherlock.
The registration plate on my grandfather's car is "A-I-N". The registration plates on the four other cars are-
A-19; A-1013; A-4291; Y-19.
Does anyone know if there are records of car registration plates?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Stephen49
The registration plate on my grandfather's car is "A-I-N". The registration plates on the four other cars are-
A-19; A-1013; A-4291; Y-19.
Does anyone know if there are records of car registration plates?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Stephen49