Wendy White
New Member
I have just joined the forum after joining lost cousins in 2010! I really can't remember why I started looking at my family tree, but have dabbled on and off for many years.
I have mainly looked at the paternal side of the family. Up until my generation everyone on my maternal side were from Ireland and I believed that it was difficult to gain any information. I now know that's not true, but my mother is now tracing this side of the family so I'm not going to repeat the work she is doing.
The main surnames on my paternal side are: White, Bowron, Hammond and Russell and have been mainly concentrated in Lancashire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire and Northamptonshire. The main movement for all branches has been to Coventry and surrounding areas. Like many I have brick walls and rogue relatives.
I'm looking forward to catching up on all the posts and information in the forum.
I have mainly looked at the paternal side of the family. Up until my generation everyone on my maternal side were from Ireland and I believed that it was difficult to gain any information. I now know that's not true, but my mother is now tracing this side of the family so I'm not going to repeat the work she is doing.
The main surnames on my paternal side are: White, Bowron, Hammond and Russell and have been mainly concentrated in Lancashire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire and Northamptonshire. The main movement for all branches has been to Coventry and surrounding areas. Like many I have brick walls and rogue relatives.
I'm looking forward to catching up on all the posts and information in the forum.