I'm Kerry & I'm in Sydney, Australia. I grew up hearing family stories and felt like I knew a lot about my family (f course, now I know that was just he tip of the iceberg!). My mother-in-law told lots of stories about her family which seemed too strange to be true (but some of them actually were true or at least parts were). On the contrary, my father-in-law's family were more disconnected and mysterious - I was married for nearly 10 years before I knew that my father-in-law had 2 brothers with whom he had lost touch! My husband and I helped him find them and reconnect and that was bittersweet, since my father-in-law died shortly afterwards. With all these things rolling around in my brain it seems natural that I started researching - and now of course I'm hooked! My research has led to some interesting discoveries: Italian heritage, hitherto unknown first families, 'concurrent' families, changes of name, convicts, further study through University of Tasmania and best of all meeting new relatives.... I love it! Some of the many family names I'm researching: Abbott (formerly Abba), McDougal, Waggett, Tuck, Coombs, Bazzini, Rogan, Wilton, McKenzie, Halloran, Vos, Glynn (aka Carr Glynn), Ferguson, McCormack, McGowan, Cowan, Shinn.