Britjan
LostCousins Star
"For Valour : Canadians and the Victoria Cross in the Great War " by Stephen Snelling , Dundurn Press is a brand new paperback I just discovered in a small town bookstore, and I am pleased to see is on order in my local library system. It had more details than I have discovered elsewhere on a man who was born near my country "res" so I am an instant fan.
There is also a book on the same subject published around 40 years ago already in my library that I have on hold so I'll be interested to see what was discovered in pre-internet days.
My new local hero is one who has fallen through the cracks at "IWM Lives of the First World War" , and is not yet identified by them as a holder of the V.C. Fortunately I was looking at the Library of Canada blog and saw a very respectable set of details.
There is also a book on the same subject published around 40 years ago already in my library that I have on hold so I'll be interested to see what was discovered in pre-internet days.
My new local hero is one who has fallen through the cracks at "IWM Lives of the First World War" , and is not yet identified by them as a holder of the V.C. Fortunately I was looking at the Library of Canada blog and saw a very respectable set of details.