Carolyn
LostCousins Member
The Third Avenue Methodist Church quilt was made in Saskatoon for the by the Red Cross Club of the church in 1918. It has over 900 signatures on it. David March in the UK and Maureen Anderson in Saskatoon have been researching the names on the quilt and compiling biographies for each one.
I found a biography for my great uncle's wife which provided information I did not have. It also included details of my great uncle and his other wives. I was able to suggest corrections and additional information which David incorporated into the entry.
The Marchant Grove quilt was made during WW2 to honour local people serving in the armed forces. Researched by Maxine March and Doris Schwehr who have been compiling biographies for each name
Both are works in progress and are a fantastic effort on the part of the researchers and a great boon to those of us looking for additional information on family members. There is also a page of references for each quilt which might provide useful links for those researching in this area.
I found a biography for my great uncle's wife which provided information I did not have. It also included details of my great uncle and his other wives. I was able to suggest corrections and additional information which David incorporated into the entry.
The Marchant Grove quilt was made during WW2 to honour local people serving in the armed forces. Researched by Maxine March and Doris Schwehr who have been compiling biographies for each name
Both are works in progress and are a fantastic effort on the part of the researchers and a great boon to those of us looking for additional information on family members. There is also a page of references for each quilt which might provide useful links for those researching in this area.