A
At home in NZ
Guest
The earliest record I can find of my great, great, grandfather William Henry Maynard is his second marriage to Elizabeth Saunders (some records are for Sanders) on 20 May 1860.
The next record is the 1861 census, William and Elizabeth with 4 children at 39 Dunk Street, Stepney. Registration District Whitechapel, Middlesex.
The fourth child Louisa is their child, the other three are from William’s first marriage.
I have never been able to find a baptism record for William Henry Maynard or any birth records for the children of his first marriage; William and Elizabeth.
I have used the GRO and other sites and tried every variation of spelling that I could think of without success.
I have a birth cert for Charles, his mother was Elizabeth Smith. The birth was registered in East London and his father’s occupation was a dock labourer. I am sceptical, although have been assured by another Ancestry member that it is the correct record and it does fit with the declared age in 1861.
I have never been able to find William's first marriage either.
Every few months I look at this ‘brick wall’ with fresh eyes but they never come up with anything new.
There are members of this forum who are far more experienced than I am at research, perhaps one or some of you can help me?
The next record is the 1861 census, William and Elizabeth with 4 children at 39 Dunk Street, Stepney. Registration District Whitechapel, Middlesex.
The fourth child Louisa is their child, the other three are from William’s first marriage.
I have never been able to find a baptism record for William Henry Maynard or any birth records for the children of his first marriage; William and Elizabeth.
I have used the GRO and other sites and tried every variation of spelling that I could think of without success.
I have a birth cert for Charles, his mother was Elizabeth Smith. The birth was registered in East London and his father’s occupation was a dock labourer. I am sceptical, although have been assured by another Ancestry member that it is the correct record and it does fit with the declared age in 1861.
I have never been able to find William's first marriage either.
Every few months I look at this ‘brick wall’ with fresh eyes but they never come up with anything new.
There are members of this forum who are far more experienced than I am at research, perhaps one or some of you can help me?