• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Can anyone read this

PoTTerTea

LostCousins Member
Recently found this baptism record for a William Potter I am having problems reading can anyone read what it says.

Here is what I have so far
William ?????ley Son of James Potter Seaman Hackins : hey

I have checked for Hackins hey in Liverpool and found it does exist to this day.

Any help would be of great use.

Kind Regards,
Tom

Can anyone help how I can add the image
 
Tom, it's very likely that by uploading the image you would be breaching the rights of the image owner - but if you tell us where you found it we may be able to take a look ourselves.
 
Tom, it's very likely that by uploading the image you would be breaching the rights of the image owner - but if you tell us where you found it we may be able to take a look ourselves.

Thanks for your reply Peter

But I think I might have solved it now.

William Herdsley Potter
in the England, Select Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
Record Image Index-only record
Report issue
Name: William Herdsley Potter
Gender: Male
Birth Date: 21 Jul 1770
Baptism Date: 15 Aug 1770
Baptism Place: St Nicholas,Liverpool,Lancashire,England
Father: James Potter
FHL Film Number: 93832

Kind Regards,
Tom
 
I agree - the image at Ancestry is very clear.

By the way, the next time you need to know how to upload a file see the FAQs under New members start here.
 
Back
Top