Susan48
LostCousins Superstar
I'm not sure this is the best place for the subject but it does concern the burial of a Roman Catholic.
In July 1899 a 57-year-old man named Joseph McCabe was buried at Kingston Cemetery Portsmouth. The record is available on Findmypast in the Hampshire, Portsmouth Burials dataset. The image of the entry contains some interesting extra information, namely that the burial was in a Catholic slot 9th row 30th grave, and also in unconsecrated ground. Joseph had been resident at Union House, Milton.
I do not have a copy of Joseph's death certificate, but does anyone know why he should have been buried in unconsecrated ground?
In July 1899 a 57-year-old man named Joseph McCabe was buried at Kingston Cemetery Portsmouth. The record is available on Findmypast in the Hampshire, Portsmouth Burials dataset. The image of the entry contains some interesting extra information, namely that the burial was in a Catholic slot 9th row 30th grave, and also in unconsecrated ground. Joseph had been resident at Union House, Milton.
I do not have a copy of Joseph's death certificate, but does anyone know why he should have been buried in unconsecrated ground?