SarahLC
Genealogy in the Sunshine 2015
I've been having a good time looking for a side branch of my family in the British India Office Records on Findmypast, but have run into a frustrating problem. I found the index entry for the will of a William Fraser, signed in 1826 and probated in 1830 and clicked on the image button to download it. Although the will is supposed to begin on page 89 of the book, the image that comes up is page 92 and is obviously in the middle of the will. There is no "previous" button to click so I have no way to see the first few pages. I sent them a contact form about it 9 days ago and have still not heard back. Is this normal? I believe when I sent the message I was told that they attempt to answer within 48 hours, but this has long passed.
Does anyone know a trick for accessing those first few pages? As far as I can tell, there is no way to search for a volume and page, nor is it possible to browse the records. It is very likely that I have missed something, since I have always found it extremely difficult to navigate FMP and frequently give up in frustration and go back to Ancestry. I'm hoping that some of you dedicated FMP users will know a trick or two to help me out.
Thanks!
Does anyone know a trick for accessing those first few pages? As far as I can tell, there is no way to search for a volume and page, nor is it possible to browse the records. It is very likely that I have missed something, since I have always found it extremely difficult to navigate FMP and frequently give up in frustration and go back to Ancestry. I'm hoping that some of you dedicated FMP users will know a trick or two to help me out.
Thanks!