Bryman
LostCousins Megastar
You only have the compare the two sets of results to see that Google didn't - if it had then you would have got the results below.
Sorry Peter but that is a very blinkered reaction and I expected better from you. Google did do as Bob said but not in the order that you were expecting. I have never needed to add the word "acronym" to obtain the appropriate definition so would not have found two sets of results to compare. Please don't assume that everyone has the same knowledge as you or even that everyone thinks the same way as you.
I don't expect everyone to know what DNB stands for, but I do expect researchers to know how to use Google.
I think that I do know how to use Google but I would have probably missed what DNB stands for if I had performed a search. Having spent much of my working life in the computer industry, I have been subjected to a lot of jargon and found that expansion of acronyms when first used saves a lot of confusion.
When I started to create this post there was another from you containing the initials BNA but that seems to have disappeared while I have been writing so I cannot include the quote. My initial search for BNA only produced references to "Brand New Animal" so I then tried adding the word "acronym" to the search and found . . .

and failed to find the relevance to the US Census block numbering area so even the inclusion of "acronym" does not always get the result that you intended. It is always better to define terms when first used and avoid confusion amongst readers.