Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
I would like to confirm a surname of a man named either James Eden or Eaves. I am told by a family member that he is known to have brought a 'breach of promise' case against the mother who bore his son (and obviously declined to marry him) circa 1941 (the year the child was born).
The case was brought it is believed in Warwickshire/Worcestershire , but most likely Birmingham. It may have made the papers or not, and the outcome of the case is not as important, as establishing the surname from the court records.
Does anyone have any pointers on where best to find these records? I have some results from searching under both surnames, but am loath to spend more time without knowing which surname prevails. Does anyone have any ideas on how to locate the court records, or any other avenue that might prove fruitful.
The case was brought it is believed in Warwickshire/Worcestershire , but most likely Birmingham. It may have made the papers or not, and the outcome of the case is not as important, as establishing the surname from the court records.
Does anyone have any pointers on where best to find these records? I have some results from searching under both surnames, but am loath to spend more time without knowing which surname prevails. Does anyone have any ideas on how to locate the court records, or any other avenue that might prove fruitful.