raven
LostCousins Member
I am interested to know what other researchers do about towns and areas that change boundaries officially. Do you continue listing them under their original designation? I find this the easiest to do in order to keep track of a place, and if I need to look up (for example) all people listed in a town.
But sometimes it feels like its a headache to sort, especially those towns or areas which span more than one county or shire. I think my biggest headache is listing a place which used to belong in another shire, but has since been absorbed into the 'Greater London' area.
So, how do you work around this? And is there an 'official' genealogical rule for it?
But sometimes it feels like its a headache to sort, especially those towns or areas which span more than one county or shire. I think my biggest headache is listing a place which used to belong in another shire, but has since been absorbed into the 'Greater London' area.
So, how do you work around this? And is there an 'official' genealogical rule for it?