• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Blame it on the 1901 Census disaster

peter

Administrator
Staff member
When the 1901 Census was released online in January 2002 I was mildly curious to look up my grandparents, but - thanks to the website falling over almost immediately - I couldn't get access until September 2002, by which time my mild curiousity had multiplied exponentially.
 
Curiosity gets you every time.
I call it the "it must be there somewhere" syndrome.

You go looking for a certain person/event and before you know it hours have passed!
 
I was temporarily working in a school when I got hooked almost 30 years ago. I had been given the task of setting children off on a project to collect information about their immediate families prior to completing work on the Kings and Queens of England. I was fascinated by the information on how to delve further and one of the staff coordinating the students' project offered to take me to Yorkshire Record Office (then at the Borthwick Institute in York City) to show me how to research further. I didn't get far that particular day, as there were masses of churches to search in central York and the surname was popular in the area.......but curiosity drove me back - again and again.......
 
Oops - think I have already put this in another thread - senior moment. Perhaps Peter can erase it?
 
Back
Top