whitebullwifezig
LostCousins Member
I'm looking at a birth certificate:
"When born: 29 Dec 1943"
"When registered: Second august 1950 on the authority of the Registrar General"
and at the far end is a stamp-like remark, "Previously registered on 11th February 1944 as entry No 303 in Chiswick sub district W E S".
When I ordered the birth certificate, I used the 1950 GRO reference, as I assumed she had been registered late due to them forgetting to register her at the time. Her 1944 reg is there but with a note saying she was added late, and Ealing is italicised. I also noted that Ealing didn't exist in 1943 as a civil reg district, so she couldn't have been registered in Ealing, so it didn't occur to me to try to order this from the GRO. I also don't think you can register someone twice.
Has anyone encountered something like this before? what's your conclusion - they were saying she was registered but they've lost it so are re-registering?
and my second question, I really wanted to know her dad's profession and the timing of it this job title is very important. Would you say this is a source for her dad's profession in 1950, or 1943?
"When born: 29 Dec 1943"
"When registered: Second august 1950 on the authority of the Registrar General"
and at the far end is a stamp-like remark, "Previously registered on 11th February 1944 as entry No 303 in Chiswick sub district W E S".
When I ordered the birth certificate, I used the 1950 GRO reference, as I assumed she had been registered late due to them forgetting to register her at the time. Her 1944 reg is there but with a note saying she was added late, and Ealing is italicised. I also noted that Ealing didn't exist in 1943 as a civil reg district, so she couldn't have been registered in Ealing, so it didn't occur to me to try to order this from the GRO. I also don't think you can register someone twice.
Has anyone encountered something like this before? what's your conclusion - they were saying she was registered but they've lost it so are re-registering?
and my second question, I really wanted to know her dad's profession and the timing of it this job title is very important. Would you say this is a source for her dad's profession in 1950, or 1943?