• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Billion Graves

Heather

LostCousins Member
I don't think this site is mentioned anywhere else on here, I was directed to it whilst looking for information on Ancestry. I found the grave I was searching for with a great picture which I could download. There are Google aerial shots and lists of nearby cemeteries, really worth a look.
 
I agree that it's worth using the billiongraves site particularly in conjunction with the other sites as its map layouts are a convenient way of refreshing your memory on cemetery locations. From a random search I found quite often another site had a more comprehensive list for a cemetery that had few actual photos at billiongraves and vice-versa. Simply scrolling early Canadian records at all sites gave me a couple of migration patterns to pursue for my casual one-name studies.
I was reminded as well that I had undertaken a search at a local cemetery (in West Toronto, Canada) on behalf of someone I had met on line. In the course of that research I gained a much better understanding of the part my local and ethnically diverse community had played in WWI.
 
Back
Top