Has anyone managed to get the hints to display properly?
View attachment 910
As you can see, I have 5, yesterday I had 4.
If I click on it, a box momentarily pops up and then disappears!
I empathise Britjan and admit to a little more than muttering at times. Yes now and again 'exact' will bring about a desired result, but all too often it just brings about a NUL result. On reflection I prefer to opt for a 50-75% degree of exactitude (by using the slide bar) but this does not prevent the mutterings I'm afraid.I have found that if I am very firm with Ancestry about "exact" in every spot where it can be specified I've had some luck but it has involved a lot of muttering to the site search box every time I click back and forth
I was prepared to give Ancestry the benefit of the doubt and concede that on occasion I had not been precise in adding England to a place name but yesterday they added the Americanization ( their spelling) of my great grandfather concluding that he had moved to the USA when he had been "absent" from a UK census . They cited a couple of US census for men with a similar name!! I looked again today and the supposed links and conclusion had gone. In its place they decided to post a reference to the building of Big Ben which I am sure somebody living in the Cambridgeshire countryside was very excited about. I suppose some people to need to be spoon fed with interesting trivia and I think this will do wonders for those public trees that are built on muddled facts and erroneous conclusions. Meanwhile the rest of us who rely on accurate information will tremble (like their famous leaves) every time we go on line wondering what new absurdity will be attached to our forebears.It seems the Boston Tea Party is still raging at Ancestry HQ!
I must just report that my first experiment (see above) was to try EDGE once more (initially rejected by Ancestry with the message to try another Browser), and 'shiver my timbers' the Ancestry Welcome page opened and I signed in. It opened in New Ancestry and so far performs exactly as it should, and on first observations, much quicker.To start at the beginning after receiving an initial rebuff from Ancestry that it was not yet compatible with the new Microsoft 'Edge' browser
