Carla
LostCousins Star
I thought this article was worthy of being mentioned here, especially in view of the 100 year anniversary next year of the start of WW1.
.......The BBC are creating a ‘digital cenotaph’ which will enable family historians, and indeed all those interested, to make a living memorial to the fallen, and help everyone to understand what happened during that time.Basically you will be able to enter your location and then read stories or see clips of WW1 stories from that area.
My grandfather survived WW1 and so, although I saw a request for information for this project ages ago I couldn't contribute because that wasn't what it was all about. In fact I know little about his war experience simply because no one discussed it much, which is why I have also posted about this very subject of not asking questions in another post.
.......The BBC are creating a ‘digital cenotaph’ which will enable family historians, and indeed all those interested, to make a living memorial to the fallen, and help everyone to understand what happened during that time.Basically you will be able to enter your location and then read stories or see clips of WW1 stories from that area.
My grandfather survived WW1 and so, although I saw a request for information for this project ages ago I couldn't contribute because that wasn't what it was all about. In fact I know little about his war experience simply because no one discussed it much, which is why I have also posted about this very subject of not asking questions in another post.