v7.3.7 is now available and should be more robust at checking ages and prompting users to check their entries after upload.
I discovered a bug on the v7.3.7.0 fixed in v7.3.7.1 it seems that if you had an exact birth year it was showing age as ok but erroneously recording the age by treating the person as an infant (ages 0m-12m)Absolutely brilliant Alexander, FTA found an additional 147 people to enter on LC, 8 errors, all to do with mistaken census ages - all "0m" (zero months) - where my information were all correct as per the census. No matches, but hey they're uploaded. Many thanks Alexander for FTA and your guide pdf.
I have loaded over 1,000 entries, all for 1841 and 1911 as I already had 1881 up to date.
It has thrown up many errors, many which can only be rectified manually (for instance changes in the spelling of a surname). All these errors are now on LC. I am doing my best to correct them but with over 1,00 to do it will take some time.
One thought I had is that if FTA put the matches into a holding file these could be checked and then uploaded to LC after they had been checked. Not only would this keep LC free of erroneous records but it should speed up the checking process. It would also be useful if the process could be split into small batches.
Examples would be exceptionally helpful to understand and eliminate issues. It’s also extremely useful to know what version you uploaded them with.I have decided that adding relatives to Lost Cousins is easier to do manually, especially for small numbers.
FTA uploaded 13 entries and I had one duplicate, 4 names that were different on the census and 8 years/ages that were different.
There were only 2 entries that did not have to be corrected.
It seems like a great idea, but difficult to program to get all the correct information added to Lost Cousins.
Thanks, Peter, for the email to remind me to check the entries.
Those are not duplicates as far as LostCousins is concerned (ie Fred will only match with Fred, Frederick will only match with Frederick, though you might see a near match warning against both entries). I'm not sure about FTA.The 1911 census shows the forenames as Fred and Rose Han. I had originally entered them like that. The 'real' names are Frederick and Rosanna. FTA has added two entries with the 'real' names.
I will not delete the duplicates until I hear from you.
I have decided that adding relatives to Lost Cousins is easier to do manually, especially for small numbers.
FTA uploaded 13 entries and I had one duplicate, 4 names that were different on the census and 8 years/ages that were different.
There were only 2 entries that did not have to be corrected.
It seems like a great idea, but difficult to program to get all the correct information added to Lost Cousins.
No offence taken, Alexander, you are doing a great job. FTA is a wonderful product, it just takes a bit of getting used to at times.Note this is absolutely NOT directed at you Katie Bee. It’s a plea from the heart to all testers to give feedback.
Those are not duplicates as far as LostCousins is concerned (ie Fred will only match with Fred, Frederick will only match with Frederick, though you might see a near match warning against both entries). I'm not sure about FTA.
Sorry I have given you the wrong information.Then when Peter emailed me to check the records uploaded I realised that my entry had a different forename.
The census read Elisabeth whereas she is Elizabeth in my Gedcom.
But they are duplicates as far as I am concerned as they are the same person.
Ah yes as Peter says these aren't treated as duplicates as such by the website. What FTAnalyzer attempts to do is to use fuzzy matching on the name and compares what's on the website with what's in the GEDCOM. If it gets a match is says already uploaded if not it goes ahead. Note that it also matches on the age and has a 5 year tolerance so Katie's example confuses me as it should have seen Elizabeth X aged 22 and say yup that must be the same Elizabeth. I suspect something else was different however without actually having the full details of the two that are duplicated I can't be sure.I am not sure what people mean by duplicates but I have found two entries which have been added when they were already there, ie I had added them previously, FTA has not added them twice.
I am not sure what to send you. The GEDCOM of the entries will not show anything and I don't know how to copy the entries in LC. I will describe what has happened.
The 1911 census shows the forenames as Fred and Rose Han. I had originally entered them like that. The 'real' names are Frederick and Rosanna. FTA has added two entries with the 'real' names.
I will not delete the duplicates until I hear from you.
Could you send me a screenshot by email of the details page for an example duplicate so I can properly test why it wasn't identified as a duplicate.But they are duplicates as far as I am concerned as they are the same person.
I'm forgot to say which version of FTA I used. I loaded my records twice. The second time was 7.3.5.? I think