• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Arrival of Internet resources

teachersue

LostCousins Member
I had been interested in my family history for a long time, but my father couldn't remember anything in detail - and my mother didn't seem interested in her own history very much. Then, shortly after my mother died I discovered Family Search.org and, out of interest, typed in my paternal grandfather's name. Lo and behold! - up came his baptismal record. Showing this to my father started a flood of memories and he was able to guide me further back in time. We followed his line back for 7 generations, all living in the (then) small village. Tracing my maternal side was much more difficult - from discovering that her father was illigitmate, to finding out that the Scottish heritage I had always believed in was Irish through and through.
 
Welcome to the forum teachersue.
I was told we were quarter Scottish and quarter Irish.
I can find the Irish link but no Scottish up to now!
This is what keeps us going.
 
Back
Top