• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Are you a London Girl or Boy?.....

PS I am a moderator because no one else offered to take on London. I am not computer literate. I'm hoping Peter gets a better offer, in due course.
 
My husband felt the same when we visited Ireland where all his father's family originated. Strange.
I had exactly the same feeling of 'coming home' when I first visited my relatives in Ireland, which my great-grandfather left for Kent back in the mid-1830s.
 
I am also unable to uncover a foreign direct ancestor, both parents having been born in England with a long line of English forefathers. However, I was born in Australia, so am I Australian or English?
I would say your Australian, Margery.
 
Sorry went away to find out how to insert a photo but "upload button below message box" does not appear to be there. Can a moderator reply please.
Hi Colin, For newcomers to the Forum, there's a small time interval that you must wait before you can upload photos.
 
My father never anywhere but in Berkshire his entire life and it looks like i'm going the same way.
Dad was born in Bisham, moved to Temple, where i was born, we then moved to Maidenhead, where he sadly died, and i now live in Newbury.
Mum was born in Poplar in the East End and moved to Temple where she met Dad.
Dad's Dad was also born in, and died in, Bisham.
 
Back
Top