jorghes
LostCousins Superstar
I just received my results late Friday and have no circles. Currently, I have eight "shared ancestor hints" but can only access two of them, one maternal and one paternal. I already had all the maternal information but it is good to have it confirmed. And good to have what I thought was paternal confirmed as well but there are still questions there.
ETA: I am pretty sure that my tree is public; is there a way to make sure?
It's in tree settings - I think there's then a "privacy" tab.
Circles can take a while to appear, as can more "shared ancestor hints" - the ones you can't view will be from people with private trees. All of my DNA results have slowly accumulated and I expect them to keep accumulating as more people add to their trees, thus giving more hints!
Re: the Help information, I do love that even Ancestry admits that member trees "may not always be accurate" and pretty much confirm that some people simply add people to their tree that they're not related to.
Peter, while I'd love to say that the ancestor trees have magically allowed me to identify the fathers of my two illegitimate ancestors, at this point they haven't - but given the potential of DNA Circles, there's always a possibility that they may come up with a Circle based on said illegitimate ancestor that they then add you too by way of the "possible ancestor" feature. I think the brick wall would fall so quickly you'd almost hear it.
At this point, given that the feature is still in beta, who knows where it might go from here.