Does anyone find the MyTreeTags beta useful? I enabled this but then noticed a weird effect when navigating other trees which I have found quite offputting so I have disabled it.
My issue lies with the 'Home Person' link in the new 'Tree Search' menu (which replaces the 'Find Person' menu). This link appears the same with MyTreeTags disabled (left, below) or enabled (right, below), but has very different effects when clicked when viewing other people's trees.
Looking at a (public) tree of a DNA contact, if I use the 'tree search' to find a person, that works fine, but if I then press the Home Person button, it does not return to the home person but goes to a screen 'Select a Home Person for this family tree' (bizarre, as it's not my tree!) and on going back or cancelling, the tree stays on the previously selected relative (though I can return to the home person by clicking the home icon on the left side of the screen). This does not happen with MyTreeTags disabled - nor when viewing my own trees - where the navigation behaviour is normal.
I have tried this several times over the past few weeks (and on different browsers) and get the same effect, so it's not a 'one-off'. I wonder if anyone else has found the same problem?
EDIT: It just occurred to me, I wonder if that is why my home person changed in my DNA-linked tree, if someone else viewing it changed my home person by mistake? I wouldn't change anyone else's home person, but it certainly seems possible - on the 'Select a Home Person for this family tree' screen, you get offered a list of the people in their tree with selection buttons!