Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
Interesting but not something I have observed, as far as I could tell it only related information to the actual linked Tree, although there were full versions for both.One thing I've noticed about ThruLines, and found useful is the following: Obviously it uses my ancestors from my linked public 'direct ancestors+spouses' tree where possible. But where a person is descended from a sibling of my ancestor (the sibling not being in my linked tree), ThruLines fills in this information from my (much more extensive) private tree to make the connection to my cousins. I can also see relatives from other private trees where the tree owner has given me access.
My original linkage for my wife's Tree was always a 'direct ancestor & spouses' public Tree, whilst my own was to a full public Tree. Then more or less on a whim I produced a cut down Tree of my own and changed the linkage. This happened well before the arrival of ThruLines and so I judged TL on the same basis for both, but as I was again researching my wife's Tree, that received most of my attention.
Last week I decided to change the linkage for both Trees to their full public versions and deleted both cut down Trees. Nothing changed for a few days but then TL disappeared as reported. Since its return (today) I have only checked my own TL and believe it has turned up some new findings which I shall explore further. Then I will turn my attention to my wife's Tree.