Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
I have recently had an Error message showing at the top page of each of my Ancestry Tree pages and have carried out the 'click here to verify your email address'. It take you to your Username page and asks you to type your password. having done so it reveals your existing email and asks you to update it? But as I did not wish to change the email I entered the old one again and received the message that this one is already in use. So a complete round robin and waste of time. I sent them a 'Contact us' message but received no reply so today I phoned them and this time did at least get an answer of sorts which I am passing on should this be happening to others.
The lady confirmed it was a KNOWN ERROR and was likely triggered when an email sent to me was undelivered or more likely when another person trying to message me via Ancestry was unable to do so. But she said it may be for other reasons and they have had a number of complaints on the matter. The technical team were working on it but meanwhile she offered to carry out a manual fix and after taking me through some security questions said she had reset my password as existing. She also asked me to carry out other actions and would email me with those. The email was about managing your Internet cache and cookies which I do regularly anyway. It remains to be seen if the fix will cure my error message but if not she warned I should wait upon the team curing the problem. Knowing Ancestry this is unlikely to be any time soon, but I could be wrong.
The lady confirmed it was a KNOWN ERROR and was likely triggered when an email sent to me was undelivered or more likely when another person trying to message me via Ancestry was unable to do so. But she said it may be for other reasons and they have had a number of complaints on the matter. The technical team were working on it but meanwhile she offered to carry out a manual fix and after taking me through some security questions said she had reset my password as existing. She also asked me to carry out other actions and would email me with those. The email was about managing your Internet cache and cookies which I do regularly anyway. It remains to be seen if the fix will cure my error message but if not she warned I should wait upon the team curing the problem. Knowing Ancestry this is unlikely to be any time soon, but I could be wrong.