• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Ancestry sync with FTM appears to be corrupting trees in FTM2017

  • Thread starter Thread starter At home in NZ
  • Start date Start date
A

At home in NZ

Guest
I was using another program to draw charts from FTM which highlighted the fact that some husbands and wives had become detached.
I decided to re-attach the wives then did a sync and the sync report was showing hundreds of people had been changed. I hadn't even been near the people listed in the report.
That was yesterday and I did live chat with McKiev and was told it's a known issue and the solution is to reload the tree. Seeing as I have 5 trees, doing that it is highly inconvenient.
I got a transcription of my live chat by email which I have used to ask for the sync weather report to be changed from Green. And, as they had said I should export from FTM and do a restore, I told them they had that wrong because the FTM trees are corrupt.
 
Back
Top