Michael Harris
LostCousins Member
Peter has mentioned in several newsletters how subscribing to Ancestry.co.uk is usually much cheaper than subscribing to ancestry.com or ancestry.ca
I have always done it this way, more by blind luck than good planning. My first subscription was to the UK site and despite constant prodding from Ancestry to change to my local site, that's the way I have continued.
This might have ended for a lot of us. I subscribe month-to-month because that's the way I do my research. When I tire of it, or hit another wall, I unsubscribe for a bit.
When I checked the rates today this is what I found for monthly subscriptions:
ancestry.co.uk - £ 18.95
ancestry.com - US$34.95
ancestry.ca - C$29.95
This makes ancestry.ca marginally the least expensive.
ancestry.com.au is still the most expensive at A$49.95
I have always done it this way, more by blind luck than good planning. My first subscription was to the UK site and despite constant prodding from Ancestry to change to my local site, that's the way I have continued.
This might have ended for a lot of us. I subscribe month-to-month because that's the way I do my research. When I tire of it, or hit another wall, I unsubscribe for a bit.
When I checked the rates today this is what I found for monthly subscriptions:
ancestry.co.uk - £ 18.95
ancestry.com - US$34.95
ancestry.ca - C$29.95
This makes ancestry.ca marginally the least expensive.
ancestry.com.au is still the most expensive at A$49.95