Tonycornish
LostCousins Member
The other day my yearly subs were due, I live in New Zealand but my subs are paid to the US site, I have World Explorer Membership but the site was showing the following year would be World plus membership at a cost of nearly 100 dollars more, for this I could search all US newspapers, not a lot of use to me and not worth 100 dollars more, I tried many ways of reverting to my old world membership the site would not allow that which I thought rather highhanded, in fact I was so annoyed that I cancelled my membership, stating why in no uncertain terms, when I went on to the nest step, I was offered 6 months World Explorer Membership with the cost about half of my normal yearly subs, I took this offer. when checking the next day when the last year was due to expire the accounts page showed that I was now able to upgrade to a full year of World Explorer Membership , which I did, but I still feel annoyed at the way ancestry tried to upgrade with no consultation and made it hard to change.
has anyone else had this problem
has anyone else had this problem