PhilGee
LostCousins Member
Perhaps the following may help, starting from a sentiment I agree with.
Having set this up, I note that it could have been helpful if I had not failed to include quote #2 in the post of quote #5.
I guess it is a case of having a range of tools at our disposal to help with those more problematic matches. The shared match feature alone has too many limitations.
The limitations are there for a good reason - there would be so many mistakes made by unwitting that it would bring Ancestry DNA into disrepute.
Hmm. Ancestry don't seem too worried about their reputation when it comes to things like Tree Hints, and all the mistakes that they lead to.
I'm not aware that Tree Hints have damaged Ancestry's reputation.
However, I am at a loss as to why Ancestry providing "accurate" information that two samples have matching segments that are not in their timber/pile-up database should damage their reputation. It is the application of this information that could be erroneous - and probably no where near as "idiotic" as hints.
Having set this up, I note that it could have been helpful if I had not failed to include quote #2 in the post of quote #5.