I'm waiting on the Live Chat line, will get back with their answer WHEN I get it!
Well that wasn't much help, didn't expect it to be. Parts of the transcript:
Ancestry: We are getting reports from our members getting error messages on our site. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate that you reached out to us. I'll be more than happy to help you.
Ancestry: Unfortunately, UK site isn't compatible with New Zealand users.
Me: Rubbish, it's been compatible for the last 13 years.
Ancestry: We are currently doing an upgrade and are doing our best to fix all the bugs in out website.
Me: How about you upgrade a test version and see if it works before you dump a faulty version on the users?
Also got asked if I'd cleared my cache and cookies, bog standard 'solution'.
Ancestry: I have created a report on your behalf. This will be sent to our internal team to further look into this. We don't have a timeframe. We will certainly notify you if there's any updates.
I am not holding my breath and this is my second unsuccessful attempt at getting actual answers from customer service people today.
BTW, I waited exactly 30 minutes as number 1 in the queue, the whole exercise took almost an hour and NO REAL REASON PROVIDED.