Carla
LostCousins Star
I thought I would just throw this out there, and ask a probably very daft question. 
If you use Ancestry, how many pages do you look at before you 'give up' looking for details of an ancestor?
I know the records that show up can vary depending on what information you put in the 'search', and most of the time I am fortunate in that I have entered enough information for relevant records to show up on the first page, or the second at a push. Sometimes I have used the wild card to help, and strategically placing the * within a name can often show up records I would probably never have found normally, but recently I have found myself scrolling down pages much further on, as I wonder if I am missing details by stopping my search too early?
I have been researching my line for a few years now but wonder if I have got into some bad sloppy habits? Fresh eyes, more experience, hints, tips and advice would be gratefully received.
If you use Ancestry, how many pages do you look at before you 'give up' looking for details of an ancestor?
I know the records that show up can vary depending on what information you put in the 'search', and most of the time I am fortunate in that I have entered enough information for relevant records to show up on the first page, or the second at a push. Sometimes I have used the wild card to help, and strategically placing the * within a name can often show up records I would probably never have found normally, but recently I have found myself scrolling down pages much further on, as I wonder if I am missing details by stopping my search too early?
I have been researching my line for a few years now but wonder if I have got into some bad sloppy habits? Fresh eyes, more experience, hints, tips and advice would be gratefully received.