Is it just me or is anyone else finding the green potential common ancestors to be way off lately?
Over the last few months every time there is a new match I've found that as I work back from the more easily verifiable potential common ancestors (which are also most likely to be the correct ancestors of my DNA match) I get so far and then the chain breaks and I find we don't match on the suggested line.
I've been researching my genealogy since I was 12 (I'm now 59!) so I have a huge, extensively researched tree, especially for my Cornish ancestry, however lately none of the matches go back to the suggested common ancestor! Sometimes it's easy to find the correct branch instead, but most times I am left dangling as to how we're connected.
It's so frustrating when you spend hours, days and weeks unravelling their suggested threads only to find they are all loose at the end! Especially in Cornwall where it is quite common to find a Cousin Jack or Jenny connected on several different lines!!
Over the last few months every time there is a new match I've found that as I work back from the more easily verifiable potential common ancestors (which are also most likely to be the correct ancestors of my DNA match) I get so far and then the chain breaks and I find we don't match on the suggested line.
I've been researching my genealogy since I was 12 (I'm now 59!) so I have a huge, extensively researched tree, especially for my Cornish ancestry, however lately none of the matches go back to the suggested common ancestor! Sometimes it's easy to find the correct branch instead, but most times I am left dangling as to how we're connected.
It's so frustrating when you spend hours, days and weeks unravelling their suggested threads only to find they are all loose at the end! Especially in Cornwall where it is quite common to find a Cousin Jack or Jenny connected on several different lines!!