They may have found out all they wanted to know. - some people just want to confirm a family story.In the past I have noticed that occasionally a match can disappear. Not sure why. Maybe the tester has passed away?
They may have found out all they wanted to know. - some people just want to confirm a family story.In the past I have noticed that occasionally a match can disappear. Not sure why. Maybe the tester has passed away?
It would seem so - the number of shared segments has now reduced on my matches. For instance, earlier this week I shared 52 segments with my sister and now it is only 42.Has Ancestry already started to make the announced changes?
Ah yes, now my husband and I only share 33 and 26 segments with our son, whereas previously it was 87 and 79 respectively.It would seem so - the number of shared segments has now reduced on my matches. For instance, earlier this week I shared 52 segments with my sister and now it is only 42.
Well spotted.It would seem so
Yes, part of the update will be consolidating small segments which were previously split because an isolated SNP was misread. It's only the removal of the <8cM matches that has been deferred to 'late August'.It would seem so - the number of shared segments has now reduced on my matches. For instance, earlier this week I shared 52 segments with my sister and now it is only 42.
I stand corrected.Maybe we have seen the last of new matches <8.0cM?
I've had a total of 25 new matches in the last 7 days, including some yesterday and this morning, 10 of which are under 8cM.I stand corrected.
Similar - hence my apology!I've had a total of 25 new matches in the last 7 days, including some yesterday and this morning, 10 of which are under 8cM.
Following on from what I wrote earlier, I was checking out a new match with whom I share 28 cM across 2 segments, and was surprised to see that the longest segment is shown as 27 cM.
Even allowing for one being rounded up and the other down, the second segment must be very short and I'm quite surprised it has been included.