Pauline
LostCousins Megastar
I have suddenly started having a problem saving Ancestry images to my computer. Previously, having loaded an image, I then clicked the orange Save button in the top right corner and then selected "Save to my computer" from the dropdown selection. The image duly downloaded as expected.
Now I am missing the option to "Save to my computer" and instead have "Save image". When I click this option the image opens as a jpg in a new window with no save options or anything - to save the image to my computer I have to right-click it and select save as.
I am using IE10 but from googling it seems that others having this problem are finding it is not dependent on the browser being used. Also, I've tried IE10 on another computer (and comparing the settings, all appear the same) and that is still loading images with the "Save to my computer" option.
I've also tried saving files using IE10 on this computer from other sites - here, FMP, FamilySearch etc and everything works normally. I don't have another browser installed so can't try that - but as I said, it seems the problem is not browser specific anyway.
Ancestry support does not seem to have an answer and everything they asked me to check is set as it should be. They also suggested listing Ancestry as a trusted site but that didn't make any difference. The problem seems to be that I am getting a different version of the image display page with different Save options from that which I used to get, and which others are still getting.
Any ideas?
Many thanks.
Now I am missing the option to "Save to my computer" and instead have "Save image". When I click this option the image opens as a jpg in a new window with no save options or anything - to save the image to my computer I have to right-click it and select save as.
I am using IE10 but from googling it seems that others having this problem are finding it is not dependent on the browser being used. Also, I've tried IE10 on another computer (and comparing the settings, all appear the same) and that is still loading images with the "Save to my computer" option.
I've also tried saving files using IE10 on this computer from other sites - here, FMP, FamilySearch etc and everything works normally. I don't have another browser installed so can't try that - but as I said, it seems the problem is not browser specific anyway.
Ancestry support does not seem to have an answer and everything they asked me to check is set as it should be. They also suggested listing Ancestry as a trusted site but that didn't make any difference. The problem seems to be that I am getting a different version of the image display page with different Save options from that which I used to get, and which others are still getting.
Any ideas?
Many thanks.


