• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Ancestry enhancements

  • Thread starter Thread starter At home in NZ
  • Start date Start date
A

At home in NZ

Guest
I am sure, like me, you expect Ancestry to be working on providing more and better transcribed records in order to make research easier. I am finding small enhancements that are like 'tips' on how to use it, this is the latest.

I went to look at a tree where I am a guest and was presented with this:
upload_2021-9-30_11-55-40.png

for curiosity sake I clicked on Next:
upload_2021-9-30_11-56-17.png

then clicked on Next:
upload_2021-9-30_11-56-42.png

Now that I know it's not telling me anything I didn't know next time I see this I shall simply click on the cross in the first window.

For the record I'm not criticising their efforts to make the site easier to use but I do feel like they are making it 'Ancestry for dummies'.
 
Now that I know it's not telling me anything I didn't know next time I see this I shall simply click on the cross in the first window.

For the record I'm not criticising their efforts to make the site easier to use but I do feel like they are making it 'Ancestry for dummies'.
You won't see it next time. My tests indicate that it only shows up the first time you view a tree to which you have guest access.
 
Back
Top