From Peter's latest newsletter, he writes " it surprises me that there are still a significant minority of experienced researchers who aren’t prepared to make use of such a valuable tool " But that doesn't take into account those of us who can't get an Ancestry DNA test done because Ancestry don't send to their country.
As far as I am aware it is not illegal in Portugal and I think MyHeritage do. I don't have a tree on MyHeritage, although have their software on my PC as it allowed the conversion of an old FTM backup file to a GED file.
Everyone seems to say, if you are going to get a test done, then Ancestry's is the one to go to first. I have a sister in the UK who may or may not take a test and she also has to set up an Ancestry account etc and that is probably where it will all fail.
I would love to get a test done but seemingly it is not going to be that easy. So if anyone has any suggestions on how to go forward with this, they would be much appreciated.
Rosalind
As far as I am aware it is not illegal in Portugal and I think MyHeritage do. I don't have a tree on MyHeritage, although have their software on my PC as it allowed the conversion of an old FTM backup file to a GED file.
Everyone seems to say, if you are going to get a test done, then Ancestry's is the one to go to first. I have a sister in the UK who may or may not take a test and she also has to set up an Ancestry account etc and that is probably where it will all fail.
I would love to get a test done but seemingly it is not going to be that easy. So if anyone has any suggestions on how to go forward with this, they would be much appreciated.
Rosalind