I've also done this, Tim, and found all my direct ancestors listed together in order of increasing Ahnentafel number. I was surprised to find I had a total of 87 direct ancestor entries, but some of these are 'duplicates' i.e. the same ancestor in 2 different censuses. I counted 66 different direct ancestors that I'd entered, still a surprising number to me.I've found a way to do it.
If you sort My Ancestors by TYPE, and then search for the word "Direct", all the people that you've added a number to is listed for you.
This information is shown on your My Summary page.I was surprised to find I had a total of 87 direct ancestor entries
Yes, I had seen this before but had forgotten about it, so thanks for the reminder. I may have been misled into thinking there were 87 different direct ancestors entered, if I hadn't looked at the detailed list and seen the duplicates across different censuses.This information is shown on your My Summary page.
I think you'll find that there are 58 in the list, but only about 37 different people (as some appear on two or three censuses). The My Summary page gives the number of census entries rather than distinct individuals.I have 58 listed on the summary page, and I think there are 42 in the detailed list.
I think you'll find that there are 58 in the list, but only about 37 different people (as some appear on two or three censuses). The My Summary page gives the number of census entries rather than distinct individuals.
They should all be in one list. Or are you referring to the 20 entries at the end of the list of your direct ancestors, all but one of which are from the 1841 Census?Thank you. I had trouble figuring out some, especially where there were 20 in one list.
It's more likely that you're younger than most of us, so your ancestors are a generation (or two) further back.perhaps I've got more generations than most people alive in 1841/81
Roughly 15% of the people in your tree would have been alive in 1881, so that's a good target to aim for.I'm up to 263 ancestors submitted. Is there a median number of what most experienced members have submitted?
The 15% figure I quoted was for the 1881 Census alone, so I think you've still got some way to go. But I suggest that first you focus on getting a family tree of your own, which - since you already have FTM - should be easy. Collaborative trees are a wonderful idea in theory, but can be a disaster in practice since people have very different levels of knowledge and experience.I put a few generations on FTM for reports purposes - apparently 1462 - I'm quite chuffed that I've got more than 15% of that lot!
No need to worry - provided you follow the advice in my newsletters your tree will continue to grow.I'll have no hope in doing well in the competitions in years to come