A. Muse
LostCousins Member
Not strictly genealogy, but maybe someone may have an idea......
When my Grandmother heard a loud 'bang' she often said 'there goes another landlord'.
I had forgotten all about it until a couple of weeks ago when I heard it used on the radio.
Does this date back to the time of the famine and clearances in Ireland?
My Grandmother was born in Cardiff in 1895 to a Welsh father, and a mother whose Catholic Irish parents
(Patrick Walsh and Margaret nee Hennessy) moved to Cardiff from Fermoy Ireland, sometime between 1858 -1860.
May be it was even a London saying? The family moved to East London in 1900. Any thoughts or has anyone else come across this saying?
When my Grandmother heard a loud 'bang' she often said 'there goes another landlord'.
I had forgotten all about it until a couple of weeks ago when I heard it used on the radio.
Does this date back to the time of the famine and clearances in Ireland?
My Grandmother was born in Cardiff in 1895 to a Welsh father, and a mother whose Catholic Irish parents
(Patrick Walsh and Margaret nee Hennessy) moved to Cardiff from Fermoy Ireland, sometime between 1858 -1860.
May be it was even a London saying? The family moved to East London in 1900. Any thoughts or has anyone else come across this saying?