jorghes
LostCousins Superstar
I was wondering if anyone could help me decipher where this address is meant to have been. I can easily read the "6 South Street" part, but not the place directly below, which presumably is the area in which the address was located.
As a bit of context (and it may help for discoveries) - this is from an 1850 marriage certificate. The marriage took place in a Synagogue in London (for more clarification - as I can't quite read this either, here it is - I believe the bottom line is "Church Row, Fenchurch Street"):
The bride and groom were both Jewish, and 6 South Street is the bride's address. The groom's is 7 Dudley St, St Giles.
I'm particularly interested in the bride, as I have not been able to definitively find her in the 1841 census. I have found her in the 1851 census with her husband, but by the time the 1861 census rolled around, her and her husband had emigrated to Australia. Since I haven't been able to find her in the 1841 census, I am unsure about her parents, or where she was born.
According to the marriage register entry, she is 25 (listed as 26 on the 1851 census) and was born in Brighton. I particularly would like to know if her address could be in Brighton.
As a bit of context (and it may help for discoveries) - this is from an 1850 marriage certificate. The marriage took place in a Synagogue in London (for more clarification - as I can't quite read this either, here it is - I believe the bottom line is "Church Row, Fenchurch Street"):
The bride and groom were both Jewish, and 6 South Street is the bride's address. The groom's is 7 Dudley St, St Giles.
I'm particularly interested in the bride, as I have not been able to definitively find her in the 1841 census. I have found her in the 1851 census with her husband, but by the time the 1861 census rolled around, her and her husband had emigrated to Australia. Since I haven't been able to find her in the 1841 census, I am unsure about her parents, or where she was born.
According to the marriage register entry, she is 25 (listed as 26 on the 1851 census) and was born in Brighton. I particularly would like to know if her address could be in Brighton.