Carla
LostCousins Star
I am in touch with an Alvediston historian as i contributed to her book, and she has sent me details of an exhibition which may be of interest to members? I am not sure if i can mention this Peter, so let me know if i shouldnt.
There is a war memorial in the village which includes names of people who also had relatives in the surrounding villages. I hope to go, although i am also away that weekend
(well i am happy i am away, but i also want to go to the exhibition!)
There is a charge for the talk but the actual exhibition is free to visit.
There is a war memorial in the village which includes names of people who also had relatives in the surrounding villages. I hope to go, although i am also away that weekend
The exhibition based around the families of those named on the memorial, with other contributions from local people, will take place on Friday, 5th April, 2 - 6.30 and Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th, 10 - 4, in the church.
On Sunday evening , at 7 pm, James Holland, a local historian who has been instrumental in setting up the Chalke Valley History Festival, will give a talk in Samways Barn about the impact of the wars on communities like ours.
There is a charge for the talk but the actual exhibition is free to visit.