• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Ahnentafel Numbers

Bob Spiers

LostCousins Superstar
I think we have all at one time or another recorded Ahnentafel (A) numbers even if only to enter same in LC 'My Ancestors'. I have completed an LC chart many times and used to have one on my office wall, but now long discarded and mislaid. I want to record the A number for each of my Direct ancestors in my Tribal Pages - including numbers outside the scope of the LC Chart (3xGF/M) - and likely put them on a Spreadsheet to go on my wall.

I know well how to do this, but even if only to spare me the effort, can anyone tell me if there is a FH program that will generate the A number for ancestors of the chosen root person? Or any other software for that matter. Thanks

Edit: Would you believe the next task after posting this message was to open the new FTA and import a new Gedcom featuring just direct ancestors & spouses. I decided it would be a good idea to export names to Excel as a basis for a proposed spreadsheet, and -there it was - a column showing the Ahnentafel numbers. So good old Alexander to the rescue. I think my post should be aired, if only - with this Edit note - to aid others who might wish to achieve the same.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top