Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
I used to say I could manoeuvre around Ancestry with my eyes shut having used it for so long, but that is no longer true in NEW Ancestry as I found out when I wanted to add a new profile photo to an ancestors page. I couldn't for the life of me see how to do it. Yes I could load umpteen photos & images via the Gallery but how to make one of these the Primary Photo ( or change a Primary Photo for another) just eluded me.
What used to work with a few 'clicks' is no longer available as Ancestry in its infinite (lack of) wisdom decided make things difficult -and they succeeded. However, not to be denied I came across the Blog of a lady who calls herself the 'The Enthusiastic Genealogist'(Dana Leeds) and found her article 'How to set a Primary Photo on the NEW Ancestry'. There bless her heart was the answer. As she says "I don't think it is intuitive (or I would have figured it out!), so I'm sharing the steps"
Rather than type out word for word (and possibly infringe copyright) I am providing a link to her Blog page for you to read how to go about it. So here it is : TEG
If you also have been trying and failed to add or change a Profile photo you will appreciate this link as I did. (And reading the numerous responses she received so did many others).
What used to work with a few 'clicks' is no longer available as Ancestry in its infinite (lack of) wisdom decided make things difficult -and they succeeded. However, not to be denied I came across the Blog of a lady who calls herself the 'The Enthusiastic Genealogist'(Dana Leeds) and found her article 'How to set a Primary Photo on the NEW Ancestry'. There bless her heart was the answer. As she says "I don't think it is intuitive (or I would have figured it out!), so I'm sharing the steps"
Rather than type out word for word (and possibly infringe copyright) I am providing a link to her Blog page for you to read how to go about it. So here it is : TEG
If you also have been trying and failed to add or change a Profile photo you will appreciate this link as I did. (And reading the numerous responses she received so did many others).
Last edited: