• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

A match is announced

Liberty

LostCousins Megastar
I don't know if this is A First for the forum, but Bryman and I have linked up on the Lost Cousins site. Alas, we are not blood relatives - I think the connection is that my 4th cousin 3 times removed, twice over (or something similar) married an equivalent in his family. Still, we both agreed it was satisfying to make a link with someone from the Forum. Has anyone else matched with a friend from the forum, or are we indeed A First?
 
That's great news :)

I think I have a cousin on the site but she can't remember her user name!!

Peter might be able to work out how many people and who, are connected on Lost Cousins and are also registered on the Forum.
 
The link with Liberty came as a complete surprise. I had been wondering who I might make a connection with in the forum, if any, and had guessed that it might be one of the welsh contingent as many of my ancestors came from the Shrewsbury/Chester area. However, the link finally came via a school master in a Sussex village who had come from Norfolk. Forum members might guess the rest when the surname of Cubitt appeared as a second given name!
 
There have been no further posts so probably no other inter-forum matches . . . until now!

My expectation of uncovering my Welsh connections has almost come true with a match to Tim's tree in Shropshire. Once again it is not a blood relationship but further investigation may turn up something. It pays to cast the net wider.

The more references that we all add to our My Ancestors pages, the more chance there will be of further announcements, maybe even a cousin.
 
The odds are that every member of the forum is 6th cousin or closer to another forum member - so I'm expecting lots more posts on this thread!
 
Back
Top